Direct Democracypublic - created 08/24/04
* citizen-sponsored ballot initiatives and referenda
* electronic rulemaking or e-rulemaking
* economic and environmental vigilance
* recalling elected representatives and executives
* demanding "good governance" (responsiveness, accountability, transparency)
* the "e-commons"
* deliberative democracy
* collaborative information development (using wikis and other web applications)
* civic activism and "hacktivism"
* direct action
* liquid democracy
* opposing supermajority voting thresholds and minoritarianism
Note: this isn't a forum for debating whether or not "direct democracy" is a good thing.